The Town Waters sometimes refered to as the Trewyn Trust Waters are situated in the immediate vicinity of town of Corwen. The Salmon and Sea Trout fishing on this beat is syndicated to another fishing concern however this is the water that put CADAC ‘on the map’ in relation to Grayling fishing.
It’s easy access and wading and consists of a huge variety of water types from slower deep pools to the shallower riffles which provides habitat to the vast numbers of Trout and Grayling in the warmer months.
Fishing is strictly for Trout and Grayling fishing only.
No fishing the right hand bank (looking downstream) between the end of the Pavilion Beat and the start of the Vicarage pool.
There is no Trout and Grayling fishing in the named Salmon pools before noon during the Salmon season. These pools are Clarke’s Pool, Llyn Tro, the Vicarage Pool and the head of Chain Pool (upstream of posts).
These beat specific rules (which are in addition to the standard Club Rules) are outlined in full below.
1) This beat is solely Trout and Grayling fishing only
2) Access for Salmon anglers to CADAC Salmon beats is strictly prohibited via the banks of the Trewyn Trust Beat. Members are not permitted to carry Salmon or Sea Trout tackle on this beat even when not assembled.
3) In the period between June 16th and October 17th there is no Trout/Grayling fishing in the Salmon pools before noon, even when these pools are vacant. The Salmon pools affected by this rule are Clarke’s Pool, The swimming Pool Bridge Pool, Llyn Tro, the unnamed pool between Llyn Tro and the Pavilion Pool, the Vicarage Pool and the head of Chain Pool (the pool upstream of the red boundary line and 3 posts)
4) Trout and Grayling anglers must give way to Salmon anglers in all areas of this beat.
5) No Sea Trout fishing. In the event of catching Sea Trout whilst fishing for Trout and Grayling anglers are required to return them, even when they hold a migratory fish rod licence.
6) No fishing off the right hand bank (looking downstream) between the end of the Pavilion Beat and the start of Vicarage Pool.
7) No night fishing.
Travelling from the direction of Llangollen on the A5 – In the centre of Corwen turn right at the statue of Owain Glyndwr and proceed along this road until you arrive at the river bridge. The parking areas are shown below.
Access off the A5 from the Bala direction – In the centre of Corwen turn left at the statue of Owain Glyndwr and proceed along this road until you arrive at the river bridge. The parking areas are shown below.
Access from A5104 – take the B5437 Corwen road and turn right opposite Leisure Centre/Swimming Pool and park in the areas shown below.
Members may park in the areas below which are either side of bridge. Please ensure that your vehicles are on the grass – do not park on the pavement. Parking in front of the farm gateways is strictly prohibited. Caution is advised when parking in the area on the Corwen side of the bridge when the ground is wet.