This is one of the main CADAC beats and offers anglers a massive variety of fishing. Members with the relevant permits can fish for Salmon, Sea Trout, Brown Trout and Grayling.
This is a popular beat with fly fishermen, bait and spinner fishermen and consists of slow and fast water, riffles and glides.
Both parking and access is excellent and there are huts and benches along the whole of the beat. Recent arrangements have resulted in riverside parking spaces in two places on this highly productive beat. This stretch of water is also the home of the famous and productive Tailor’s Pool.
This Beat is single bank fishing – right-hand bank looking downstream.
1) Members with the relevant permits and rod licences may fish for Salmon, Sea Trout, Grayling and Brown Trout.
2) Eaton’s Reach, Whisky Pool, Signal Pool, Bridge Pool and all other areas of Berwyn are subject to standard club rules. This is a very popular beat and includes Tailor’s Pool. The area known as Tailor’s Pool is defined by two white marker posts. The upper limit is below Eaton’s Reach, whilst the lower limit is below the run heading out of the pool itself.
3) Night fishing for Sea Trout is allowed until 3am on a section of the Berwyn Arms Beat. Members are permitted to fish until 3am from and including Eaton’s Reach to the Signal Pool. Sea Trout fishing at night is strictly ‘fly only’.
4) The gate between Berwyn and Tailor’s hut must always be closed.
5) Members using the huts must take their litter home. The huts are amenities not dustbins.
Upper Limit of Tailor’s Pool – these are defined by white posts as shown in the photos below
Lower Limit of Tailor’s Pool – these are defined by white posts as shown in the photos below
Access off the A5 for top of beat to and including Signal Pool – After going through first gate and following track you will arrive at the railway crossing. For safety reasons please open both gates before driving across tracks (checking it is safe to do so) and through car park gate then close both gates.
Please Note: We no longer have parking in the Field at Bridge Pool/Bottom of Berwyn Arms Beat in Glyndyfrdwy.
Access off A5 for the bottom of the beat below Signal Pool to and including Bridge Pool – Proceed down the hill, cross the railway crossing by the station and proceed over the river bridge, turn left and proceed up the hill for a few yards and park on the pull-in on the right. Access to the left hand bank is immediately opposite this parking area.
Access for the Right Hand Bank is over the timber fence/stile close to the Bridge near River before the field gate, not through or over either of the galvanized field gates.
Also please note that the pedestrian access along the Beat is along the waters edge, there is no access to walk along the side of the field/meadow to get to the top of the beat.